Thursday, January 10, 2013

"Back to Life...Back to Reality..."

So as you can see, I'm back in NYC with my busy schedule, fake lashes, red lipstick, leotard, and LaDuca dance shoes. 
Things are going well so far, just sad to be away from my family and it's kinda difficult to go from being able to relax to CONSTANT ON THE GO. But I'm adapting fast again.
I've had 3 performances this week so far in musical theatre. I've been working on So Anyways from Next to Normal, which I LOVE and went flawlessly!; The Apple Doesn't Fall Very Far From The Tree from the Rink; and also It Takes Two from Into The Woods. :) Each one was super good! :) 

My ribs are doing much better, if some of you don't know, I had probably about 5 ribs out and damaged cartilage. But I'm recovering fast! I've been feeling overwhelmed with the work, and so I'm stressed but I'm pulling through. God is giving me peace in mind and helping me through everything everyday. I read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 in my devotions the other day and it's a verse that my best friend shared with me while I was home. 

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18--  "Rejoice always. Pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  

God is teaching me, that when I get down, I should rejoice in it and pray constantly - for his guidance and wisdom and love. And also that I should be super thankful (which I am) of where I am at and think of that when I get upset and sometimes wish that I was closer to the ones who love me. But the fact is that God is like waving his hands in front of my face saying "HELLOO?! I'm right here!! And I love you more than ANYONE ever could. You are my child and I made you, perfectly YOU." 

1 comment:

  1. I love the past few sentences in this! Love you and miss you so much! <3

    ReplyDelete